car accident claims Scotland - No Win No Fee - Personal Injury

Car Accident Claims Scotland

Get free, no obligation advice from injury specialists

    0141 319 5639

    We take your data seriously. See our privacy policy & terms.
    By submitting this form you agree to be contacted by our partners.

    Car Accident Claims Scotland

    Car Accident Claims Scotland

    Car Accident Claims Scotland
    Because of the speed of cars, their crashes can be devastating. Car accidents can cause painful, long-lasting injuries. That’s why you must visit a doctor as soon as following a car accident claims Scotland. Even if the injury seems minor, it is still advisable to contact the police at the accident scene.

    This will help you to get an official record of the medic and police. If you can, there are many things you can do immediately after the accident that will help to strengthen your car accident claims.

    For example, it can be helpful to gather:

    • Contact and insurance details of those involved
    • Names and numbers of any witnesses
    • The location of the accident
    • Photographs of scene and accident

    Starting a car accident claims scotland

    In the beginning, the car accident claims process can seem daunting. However, we have a long experience in the area of Road Accident compensation claims. So the first step is to get advice from a legal adviser for free by calling us.

    For your claim, they’ll discuss some queries about your injury and accident on call. Then they’ll be able to tell you whether you have a claim or not. If you want to go further in claiming, we will arrange an experienced lawyer for you.

    Types of injuries caused by car accidents

    In an accident, injuries can range from minor scratches and bruises to profound, lifelong disabilities. Accidents become more devastating when cars are involved with big vehicles, like a lorry.


    Some of the severe injuries you can get are:

    Claiming against an uninsured or untraced driver

    Even if you have been injured in a car accident caused by an uninsured or unidentified driver, you might still be able to make a claim. In these cases, the Motor Insurers’ Bureau (MIB), funded by a small grant from every vehicle insurance premium, will be responsible for providing compensation.

    Things you need if there is a hit and run case:

    Registration number, car brand, model, year of manufacturing of vehicle

    • Contact details of the witnesses
    • Photographs of the scene, your injuries
    • Police report

    If you have insurance cover, you must claim to your insurer for any damage to your vehicle. If you don’t have comprehensive insurance, the Motor Insurers’ Bureau could only cover vehicle damage claims. You can claim for any personal injury claims if you have complete insurance, from the Motor Insurers’ Bureau.

    How much compensation will you receive against car accident claims?

    How much compensation you receive for a car accident claims injury can vary drastically, as with many types of accident claims. This is because not every car accident is the exact meaning the car accident claims payout can vary from case to case. However, there are mainly two types of damages which affect your compensation:


    General damages: It covers your average medical expense caused by an accident. It can also be given for any impact on your day-to-day life. For instance, you missed your work or hobbies.


    Special damages: It covers your severe damage to you and your car and any expenses caused by your accident. It will also cover loss of savings, medical expenses, travel costs, equipment, and care.

    Can you claim if the car accident was partly your fault?

    Yes, but it will depend on who was at fault, and then the court will decide how much compensation you should be awarded because there are no written laws about a reduction in compensation if the accident was partly your fault.

    Claim on behalf of a child.

    If you are the legal representative/nominee of an injured child younger than 18, you can claim compensation on his behalf. You can claim at any time up to the child’s 18th birthday. You will have three years to make a claim, but this period does not start until the child’s age is 18. After their 18th birthday, they can claim for themselves within three years.

    Receiving your compensation for car accident claims

    Each claim is different depending on the severity of your injuries. The minor complication your claim, the quicker you will receive your compensation. However, the below factors are also taken into consideration;

    • The amount of compensation you want
    • Whether the other party accepts responsibility
    • How long it takes for experts to evaluate your injuries
    • Whether the other driver was insured
    • Whether your claim needs to go to court


    If your case is simple and your injuries are minor, and the other party accepts liability, then you could receive your compensation within a month. But it can take a long time if the other party denies his liability, and your case goes to court. If it takes longer, you might get an ‘interim payment’ with the help of your lawyer. An interim payment is a negligible amount provided to you to cover any ongoing treatment or instant costs.

    Want to make a claim?

    Get free, no obligation advice Now