Pavement Accident Claims - No Win No Fee - injury claims

Pavement Accident Claims

Get free, no obligation advice from injury specialists

    0141 319 5639

    We take your data seriously. See our privacy policy & terms.
    By submitting this form you agree to be contacted by our partners.

    Pavement Accident Claims

    Pavement Accident claims

    Claiming a footpath trip or fall

    Slips, trips, and falls on the footpath may leave you feeling embarrassed and frustrated. Every highway authority has to keep roads and footpaths safe to ensure that pedestrians and road users are unharmed.

    However, sometimes serious accidents happen because of the poor maintenance of footpaths. For instance, this might include cracked surfaces or raised footpaths due to tree roots, as well as potholes and damaged curbs.

    If pavement has not been adequately maintained and you’ve tripped and injured yourself. Because of it, then we can help claim compensation.
    Our expert legal adviser would be able to help you make a compensation claim. if your accident happened in the last three years. The compensation you receive will cover all the costs of your medical treatment. As well as the impact it’s had on your life.

    How much compensation will I receive? (pavement accident claims)

    How much compensation you will receive will depend on your injuries and any financial losses you have incurred. The compensation you receive will consider the type of injury, the seriousness, and the impact it has had or will continue to have on your day-to-day life.

    Tripping on a public pavement

    According to the Highways Act 1980, the local authority is responsible for making sure footpaths are in a safe condition and free from blockage. If you have doubts about the claim, you can get in touch with our legal adviser. Tripping on a private walkway

    You could also make a compensation claim if you have been injured on privately owned land, such as in a supermarket parking area. According to the Occupiers’ Liability Act 1957, Personal estate and property owners must make sure their property is safe, and this includes pathways they provide.

    What if you were injured while trespassing?

    It is challenging to claim, but you might be able to claim even if you were trespassing on someone’s private land because the landowner’s duty of care applies to everyone. But you must need enough evidence to prove that the property owner owes you a duty of care, and he breached that failed duty, and as a result, you got injured.

    Proving your accident was someone else's fault

    Pavement trip, compensation claims
    require specific information to be provided to claim successfully
    it includes:

    Proving the size of the fault. It can be a hole, pothole. It would be best if you tried to demonstrate, with photographic evidence, that the fault was more than 1 inch in height or depth. Demonstrating that the local authority or owner didn’t inspect or maintain the defect adequately.

    You could help your solicitor by taking photographs of the defect before it is repaired. Your brief statement for injury, such as where it happens, the footpath condition, and whether it happened in light or dark.

    Contact details of any witnesses (pavement accident claims)

    Details of an official objection made to the authority responsible for maintaining the footpaths. If there is a CCTV camera in the area where you fall, you can get it by requesting the footage from the camera owner, and he has to hand it over within 40 days.

    You can show them the medical records of any medical treatment you’ve received for your injury. You can show them the records or invoice for any expenses caused by your injuries, such as a receipt, travel expenses, and medical bills.

    Want to make a claim?

    Get free, no obligation advice Now