Council Employee Claims - No Win No Fee - Personal Injury Claims

Council Employee Claims

Get free, no obligation advice from injury specialists

    0141 319 5639

    We take your data seriously. See our privacy policy & terms.
    By submitting this form you agree to be contacted by our partners.


    Council Employee Claims | No Win No Fee | Personal injury claims

    council employee claims

    Council Employee Claims
    Compensation claims against the council and native authority bodies are relatively common, especially after considering the breadth of services they cover. The Council and native authorities must take care of their customers and their employees. If they fail to take care of this duty of care, the customer and employees can file for the council employee claims.

    Claiming for a Council Work Accident

    It’s the right of an employee to ask for a safer work environment from their employers. Employers must ensure maximum possible safety or safety equipment in hazardous or risky environments. Every employee should be able to work in a safe environment knowing they are protected from the risk of injury, including people who work for their local council.

    Many of us work for local authorities, covering a variety of job roles that may leave them susceptible to suffering an injury or risk of accident at the workplace – it’s not just people working in council offices; you will be ready to claim against your local agency if they employ you as a Builder, Gardener, dustman, daily wage worker, Accountant, Parking worker, Environmental health worker, etc.

    Common Injuries In Council Compensation Claims

    To file a compensation claim against Councils, one has to prove their negligence. Injuries can occur at buildings, footpaths, highways, and other facilities administered by the council and local authority. There has been a trend of common injuries in council administered areas, and hence in those injuries, the council can be held responsible for its mistake or negligence. There can be the following possible reasons for injury:-

    •     Injuries caused by using poorly maintained equipment on council premises.
    •     Injury caused due to car accident caused by an open utility hole, potholes, and poorly maintained highways.
    •     Injury caused by walking on the poorly maintained footpath, hallways.
    •     Work-related accidents for council employees.

    There may be many more reasons for common injuries related to council compensation claims.

    Damages covered under Council Compensation Claim?

    There are two main types of damages- general damage and special damage. While filing for council compensation claims, general damages can be like:

    •     Pain and suffering caused by accident injury.
    •     Forced changes to the individuals’ lifestyle.
    •     Mental trauma.

    The courts and insurance companies have made specific guidelines to define injury categories and compensation range. Each council compensation claim is unique as the impact of injuries can be different on different individuals.

    The special damages have a relatively clear compensation range defined as it includes the financial impact of an injury. Some special damages are like:-

    •     Loss of earnings.
    •     The claimant’s future loss of earnings.
    •     Medical treatment.
    •     Future medical treatment.
    •     Transport expenses relating to injuries.
    •     Changes to the individuals living environment.

    Compensation amounts

    The amount of compensation depends on various factors considering the injuries’ physical, psychological, and financial impacts. The duration and costs of recovery also impact the compensation amount. If there are mild injuries, then compensation will be lesser. If the injury will take a long time and has caused the loss of earnings with additional future medical expenses, then the amount will be higher.

    The Councils Duty of Care

    There are extensive health and safety regulations placed general council and native authorities. The council and native authorities have to follow the essential duty of care to the final public and employees. Proving that a council or government agency breached its duty of care is central to any negligence claim and subsequent compensation. For example:-

    •     Inadequate funding for individual services.
    •     Outdated or ill-maintained equipment.
    •     Poor reaction times to public concerns.
    •     Substandard staff training.
    •     Faulty safety equipment for council workers.
    •     Inexperienced staff taking on inappropriate activities.

    Why you need injury claims in Scotland?

    Injury claims in Scotland has a team of expert personal injury solicitors who can always negotiate to get you the maximum amount of compensation you deserve. The personal injury lawyer will help collect evidence and a free independent medical assessment by a medical expert. Your personal injury lawyer will consider the mental trauma, physical injuries, loss of earnings, future medical bills, cost of physiotherapy and other financial impacts.

    We offer No Win No Fee to all our personal injury clients. We charge you only if you win the council compensation claim and only from the compensation amount. So, if you have suffered an injury in the council administered zone, you can claim your compensation if the council’s fault is proved.

    Want to make a claim?

    Get free, no obligation advice Now