Burn Injury Compensation - No Win No Fee - Personal Injury

Burn injury claim

Get free, no obligation advice from injury specialists

    0141 319 5639

    We take your data seriously. See our privacy policy & terms.
    By submitting this form you agree to be contacted by our partners.


    Burn injury claim

    burn injury claims

    Making a burn injury claim

    Burn injury claim
    Burns are the most severe kinds of injury, as they can be extremely dangerous and can be very painful. They can leave you with a permanent scar on your body or long-term medical problems and can even be lethal in the worst cases.

    Common causes of burn injuries

    Some common burn injuries which often require medical treatment involves:

    • you work with hot surfaces or liquids without any safety gear.
    • Fault in airbags commonly affect burns in road traffic accidents.
    • You handle dangerous chemicals without proper personal protective equipment.

    Burn Injury Classifications

    Burn damages are classified into three classifications to determine their criticalness:

    First-degree burns: They affect the first layer of the skin, that is, the epidermis and are superficial burns.

    Second-degree burns: They burn both the layers of the skin, the epidermis, and the dermis.

    Third-degree burns: The most critical kinds of burns cause damage to the epidermis, dermis, and underneath tissue.

    First-degree burns can be treated using the first-aid measure, whereas second and third-degree burns will usually need clinical attention right away.


    If you have suffered second, third, or fourth-degree burns in an accident and in which someone else is at fault, then you can claim compensation to help cover the costs your injury has caused and the effect it has had on your life.

    Claiming compensation for a burn injury

    If you received severe burns due to someone else’s fault, they could claim burn injury compensation. It can be anywhere, but you should try to get medical assistance as soon as possible. You can reach out to an expert burn injury legal advisor for free. Our legal advisor won’t force you to file a claim.


    You can file a claim within three years of the incidence. Most personal injury legal advisors work on a no win no fee based agreement. It means that you don’t have to pay any legal fee if you do not win your case. Your solicitor might ask you questions to understand your case better and suggest you. They will use all details to establish that you have been a victim of carelessness, and you should get the total amount of compensation.

    How much compensation may I receive for burn damage?

    How much compensation may receive for burn damage or injury will depend on the severity of your burns, the amount of time it will take you to recover from the burn injury, and whether or not you were partially to blame (also called ‘contributory negligence). Because the compensation sum differs so much depending on the particular case, it is difficult to say before your claim is underway how much you are likely to get.


    However, your legal advisor 

    will take all of the below into thought when working out your compensation amount:


    • Your ache, pain, and suffering
    • Any loss of earnings – due to time, you were not able to go to work.
    • Costs of additional clinical treatment or rehabilitation.
    • Any adaptations required to your house.

    What do I do if I have suffered a chemical burn?

    Burns by chemicals should be taken seriously and should administer medical treatment as soon as possible for fast recovery. If someone else was responsible for the accident, then you can claim compensation. Photos of your injuries, Details of any witnesses can come in handy, and your legal advisor will be able to build a strong case for you.

    Burn injuries at work

    If you got burns at the workplace, then you can claim against your employer. Employers have a ‘duty of care towards all workers. They must ensure a safe environment providing them maximum possible safety from the risk of burns.


    As per law, an employer must inform the Health and Safety Executive of any burn injury that:


    • Covers more than 10% of the whole body’s total surface area
    • where there is significant damage to the eyes, respiratory system, or other essential organs

    Claiming for a child with burn injuries

    It can be heart-breaking seeing a child burn injuries. You can file a compensation claim in case your child has been affected by any burn injury. You can represent a child legally by being a ‘litigation friend’.


    If a person or organization had a duty of care while your child got a burn injury, then you can claim against the person or the organization included. In child burn injury cases, they can file a case anytime until they turn 21 years of age. It means the three years time for a child starts when he turns 18.


    Fireworks and public displays

    There are strict laws on the storage and use of fireworks in the UK. You can buy Fireworks only from licensed shops. However, private selling is allowed on the following dates: 

    • 15th October to 10th November 
    • 26th to 31st December 
    • Three days before Diwali and Chinese New Year.
    • Advice offered by the HSE: 
    • Stewards, to control the crowd, have to dress in clothes that can identify quickly.
    • Stewards must constantly be looking out for emergencies. 
    • People should be kept away from areas like the firing and fallout zones.
    • Should avoid Overcrowding.
    • Spectators shouldn’t be allowed to bring their fireworks.
    • Fireworks must not be allowed to sell at the site.
    • Try every possible measure to avoid crowd problems and inform people of any delays.
    Want to make a claim?

    Get free, no obligation advice Now